About Me

My photo
Mumbai, India
An ardent lover of human virtues , an admirer of all forms of art, a dreamer and a naturalist - so much to brag about me. Otherwise, I'm just the ordinary person with a zest for living and a penchant for merriment. Writing is my passion, and my means of reaching out to the world yonder. I'd be happiest the day when the words I pen down start to make a difference to the people I know, and to those whom I don't.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

FREEDOM

On January 26, 1930, the Indian National Congress proclaimed the need for complete self-rule by the Declaration of the Independence of India, which read:

"The British government in India has not only deprived the Indian people of their freedom but has based itself on the exploitation of the masses, and has ruined India economically, politically, culturally and spiritually. Therefore, India must sever the British connection and attain Purna Swaraj or complete independence."

We still haven't attained 'Poorna Swaraj'. We are yet to achieve freedom from the shackles of casteism, dowry, infant mortification, child labour and other social evils that bind the society. We live in a time of economic disparity where the rich continue to amass wealth as the poor plunge into greater destitution. Some of our own chosen politicians, bureaucrats and industrialists continue to exploit India and its people as the British Raj did 80 years ago.

I, therefore, reiterate the call for 'complete independence'.

No comments:

Post a Comment